10 Things You Didn't Know About Carrie Underwood
There are several things that country fans knows about Carrie Underwood, including that she’s married to NHL player Mike Fisher, that she loves her dogs and that’s she’s one of the top-selling female artists in history. But here are 10 facts that you might not be as familiar with, courtesy of Taste of Country:
- She earned college credit for American Idol. Underwood‘s time on American Idol helped her earn a Mass Communications degree from Northeastern State University in Oklahoma.
- She is a sorority girl. While in college, Underwood was a member of the Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority.
- She’s had a text breakup. In 2007 and 2008 Underwood dated Gossip Girl actor Chace Crawford, and they broke up via text. Speaking about the digital breakup, the singer told Extra: “It just didn’t work.”
- She likes horror movies. Underwood, whose a big fan of the horror genre, has said the video for “Two Black Cadillacs” was inspired by Stephen King’s Christine, a novel turned into a 1983 horror film.
- Before Idol, she had never been on an airplane. Before flying to Los Angeles to be a part of the Hollywood rounds, Underwood had never traveled by airplane.
- She is the family’s Swarovski sheep. During an interview with Marie Claire, Underwood talked about how her parents made do with less, but that she’s always enjoyed a little bling. “I’m the black sheep of the family,” she told the outlet, adding, “The black-crystal sheep. Swarovski.”
- She always makes her bed. Carrie Underwood is a bit neurotic when it comes to keeping her house in order. Speaking toCountry Weekly, the singer explained, “I can’t function during the day if I know my bed is not made. It will be all I think about throughout the day until it’s actually made.”
- She’s got her own “Cleaning This Gun” story. On her very first date, Underwood’s father decided to pull out his shotguns for a polish.
- She gets her own songs stuck in her head. During an interview with Taste of Country, Carrie Underwood admitted she’s prone to getting her own songs stuck in her head -- and has been known to sing them aloud in public.
- She had a third nipple. During the early stages of Idol, Underwood revealed that she once had an extra nipple that looked like a mole.